- Meeting set for : 6:30pm Thu 6 Nov 2014 at Magrath Museum
- Prev Meeting: 2 Oct 2014
- Current e Executive contact list can be viewed at magrathchamber.com/executive.html
Minutes by R Davies of SSDirect
- Attending: Pres D Thomson Keyline, Vice Pres A Bennett Magrath Pharmacy, J Mackenzie Roosters, S Sabey CFP, J Jackson 1st Choice Savings, R Davies SSDirect, R Moore Canadian Security
- Pre-discussion on town events, school upgrade, greenhouse project, suggest town should permit/encourage building of greenhouses within town.
- Last meeting minutes 2 Oct 2014 read and accepted.
- Discussed upcoming Hometown Christmas event on 4 Dec 2014. DT spoke to request from town for funding for new LED lights for the large outside Christmas Tree. It was recommended the Chamber donate $200 to Town for new lights. Approved. SS asked for updated financial report for next meeting. Approved. S Wolsey looking for membership application forms. They are online. Susan's Place also needs information. JM will follow up. DT has drafted the 2014 poster for Hometown Christmas. They will be distributed for posting this week (after minor typos corrected). Roosters Gingerbread contest info should be added to newsletter, poster and online info. DT reported that S Robinson confirmed they will not be holding the Nativity Display during the Hometown Christmas event, but plan to do it later that same week. BJ noted that his understanding was that the School Choir may be out of town for their trip to Edmonton the evening of Hometown Christmas this year. RD will follow up. Christmas will still come regardless. RD reported online table sales as expected - 9 booked and paid so far. B Oliver reported by email he would be unable to attend this meeting but that Town has arranged for Santa and 400 treat bags and are setting up lights as per last year.
- CYB Citizen/Youth/Business of the Year Nominations discussed. Poster should be created for that or information added to Hometown poster. BJ requested printed nomination forms for banks in addition to online form. DT recommended a separate meeting with RD later this month on Hometown/CYB Nominations.
- SS reported on Gala Plans for Sat 24 Jan 2015. Needs printed tickets from DT at earliest convenience. Need to complete nominations and voting as soon as possible in Dec and focus on pre-selling corporate tables. As discussed at last meeting, the 2015 gala budget set at $1000 over prior year. Approved.
- Discussed upcoming Tradeshow plans. Our proposal to merge the event with the Emergency Preparation Fair was politely declined. They will hold their event the following weekend. RD reports that the website information has been updated on magrathchamber.com website.
- Proposal to work with town to include chamber renewal forms with annual business license renewal process. Suggested we approach our town liason B Oliver on how best to accomplish this. SS likes the combined renewal form we have used in the past, with space for membership, gala tickets, and tradeshow all on one page. RD will prepare updated form for 2015.
- Next meeting place and time discussed - proposed for Tue 9 Dec 2014 6:25pm at Museum.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:30pm