The Magrath Chamber of Commerce is happy to support the Town of Magrath for our annual Home Town Christmas this year, so here is what have been planned:
- The event will be held completely outdoors. Current restrictions for outdoor gatherings can accommodate an event like this and puts responsibility on those who choose to attend.
- We will hold the event on Thursday evening on 2nd December 2021 consistent with previous years schedules (traditionally held one week after US thanksgiving).
- For this year only, It will be located on South Centre Street (right in front of the Magrath School) from West Harker Ave to East/West 1 Ave South (map below) to accommodate this type of an outdoor only event. South Centre Street has good lighting, it is wide, will have minimal disruption to residents, and has good parking options.
- At the south end of the street you can see Santa and along west side of street food trucks and a first responder bonfire are planned as part of this event.
- Local businesses are invited to book a spot down the middle of South Centre Street to set up a ‘trunk-or-treat’ or a vendor booth. Up to 20 spots will be available.
- Please mark your calendars and come celebrate with us!
- Local businesses are a vital part of our community, and would love to have our Town of Magrath businesses be a part of what is hopefully the last year we have to operate under current COVID restrictions. Please contact Councilman Ken Baker by email at email@example.com to reserve your spot this year. He will send you more details about the event such as set-up, time, and duration.
- If you would prefer to operate independently from this and do want you have done in the past that is totally an option as well. If you want to let the residents know that you will also be open for business, and would love people to stop by we fully support that.