- Prior minutes
- Chamber Reports
- Chamber emails
- Call to order 1:15pm Attending: Pres Duane Thomson, Sec Roger Davies, Town Councillor Brian Oliver, Treasurer Julia Moore, Jay Mackenzie, Ross Moore, Shannon Sabey, Guest Ron Wiggins.
- Jay Mackenzie of Roosters reported on plans for Gingerbread Contest fundraiser to be held prior to and on Hometown Christmas.
- Shannon Sabey (CFP) volunteered to assist with setup of Hometown Christmas - town sign.
- Coop has requested reimbursement of $100 gift card from prior hometown christmas event. J Moore will prepare check to Coop.
- Inquiry raised re Town Bylaw on Business Licences - finished 1st reading. Shannon has draft from town and will email link.
- Guest Speaker Ron Wiggins on CFIB - benefits and operation. see www.cfib.ca website for more details. Summary: they 1) lobby government on behalf of members on issues of importance to them, 2) Provide business resources to members, 3) several Privilege Partners provide savings to members. DT asked, what is next big issue? Response: CPP premium increases re outstanding unfunded pension liabilities.
- Discussed addl plans for Hometown Christmas (11th annual) Town is doing treat bags and arranging for Santa, Laura Loose has volunteered to organize craft tables this year - RD sent info link on plans so far.
- Next Meeting set for 10 Dec 2015 and AGM for 21 Jan 2016
- Adjourned meeting at 2pm