- Meeting was originally proposed for : 6:25pm Wed 28 Jan 2015 at Magrath Museum
** date and time changed** this meeting will be held Noon-1pm Thu 29 Jan 2015 at Susan's Place
- Prev Meeting: Tue 9 Dec 2014
- Current Events: CYB Gala Sat 24 Jan 2015, Tradeshow Sat 18 Apr 2015
- Current Chamber Executive contact list can be viewed at magrathchamber.com/executive.html
- CYB Gala report, Tradeshow preparations
- Prior minutes
- Gala Reports
- Chamber emails
- Tradeshow preparations
- Attending: Duane Thomson, Roger Davies, Jay Mackenzie, Shannon Sabey, Brian Oliver, Ross/Julia Moore, Laura Loose, Kathryn Rhind
- Prior minutes reviewed and accepted as posted on website.
- Shannon reported Gala fundraising results and expenses and plans for next year. We have now raised almost $7000 toward trail system in past 4 years. Discussed possibility of considering other groups to support in future gala - group decided Ok to continue with trail system for now.
- Ross discussed plans for upcoming Trade Show: Tom Spackman and Kathryn Rhind have agreed to help this year. Roger noted he will be away first half of Apr but that website and online ordering is already setup for this year ..
- Discussed 2015 Invoices - should have gone out with Town Notice but somehow they did not. Current version is online at http://www.magrathchamber.com/2015-invoice.html - discussed need to revise now that gala is past .. Rdd to decide.
- B Oliver reported on Town issues: no word on proposed Grants as yet. Town will issue invoice for part of cost of christmas lights (per prior meeting proposal). Discussed Nativities: Jay Mackenzie has requested they be continued in some form for future Hometown Christmas programs. Question to Town re Nativity Display that usually on display in front of Town Hall - it was missed this past year. Kudo's to Brian for organizing the treat bags with donations from Town of Magrath and local businesses (ATB, 1st Choice, Roosters and others).
- Some discussion on Farmer's Market and how to support it. It is run currently under Magrath Ag Society and hope to continue again this year.
- A proposal for silent auction at next event was discussed. It was felt to be unnecessary at this time.
- Chamber will use Roosters Box 1165, Magrath, AB T0K 1J0 for mailing address. Roger has set up chamber email addresses for email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com which each forwarding to the corresponding current executive member. In this way, the change of email to the chamber getting lost will be minimized. Website will be updated to reflect this.
- Next meeting: AGM proposed at Town of Magrath Town Hall, noon-1pm Thu 26 Feb 2015.
- Meeting adjourned 1pm.