Home > Members > Projects > Minutes : 22 Aug 2013 > Forms
- Next Meeting: 7:00pm Thu 12 Sep 2013 at Magrath Museum (evening)
- Prev Meeting Minutes 20 Jun 2013
- Current Chamber Executive contact list can be viewed at magrathchamber.com/executive.html
Minutes of Chamber Meeting Thu 22 Aug 2013 held 7pm at SASH
- Welcome to all and thanks to SASH for use of meeting area. In attendance, President Jay Mackenzie, Treasurer Richard Spencer, Secretary Roger Davies, Shannon Sabey, Alan Dudley, Kerry Henderson.
- Chamber mail collected over the summer to Treasurer for processing.
- Discussed plans for Town Meeting 'Candidates Forum' with focus on issues of importance to local chamber members. Suggestions included: Licence Bylaws and enfforcement, improved Town/Chamber communication, a coordinated shop local campaign, etc. Mr Dudley suggested we enlist Chamber Member to focus on local issues and coordinate directly with town council members and mayor. Names discussed that would be effective (NP/SG). Suggested we invite Mayor to attend at next meeting.
- Discussed Chamber recruitment ideas, including broadening of focus to include all issues of interest to improvement of town. Invite wife's of local businessmen to participate - they are very capable and often have more time than their spouses.
- Mr Dudley addressed the achievements of current and past Chamber of Commerce groups in Magrath and encouraged us to 'keep going'. The work we do will and does make a difference.
- Adjourned meeting at 8:30pm. Next meeting to be held at Magrath Museum on Thu 12 Sep 2013 at 7pm.
- Great to see new business in town with opening of hair salon next to Winks and new ownership (Olers) at Magrath Paint and Body. ATB has a new manager looking tor residence here in town.
- Melissa Olsen will be holding her 'Kids Show' at Ice Arena here in Magrath on Sat 21 Sep 2013 which draws many out of town vendors and buyers. She is looking for donation/advertisement from Chamber again this year (disuss at next meeting).
- Magrath Lions are holding the annual 'No Cost Clothing' exchange on Fri 13 Sep (drop off donations at arena) and Sat 13 Sep (open to public - at no cost!).