Agenda: CYB of the Year ..
- Thanks to E Olsen and H McKelvey for collecting and compiling names for nominations. List provided to Chamber for review.
- Discussion: on nominations ensued - so many good nominees!
- Decision: Eldon Coleman for Citizen of the Year (out of 14 nominees). Austin Doig for Youth of the Year (of 8 nominees) . Surex Insurance for Business of the Year (of 10 nominees). Congratulations to all nominated. Chamber will pay for awards and advertising per prior minutes. E Olsen to order plaques. L Bennett will insert announcement in local newspaper. Town is scheduled to make the presentation about 7pm on evening of Town Celebrations and will need bio and confirmation of name for award winners.
- Discussion: on Chautauqua issues raised by L Bennett of Magrath Pharmacy. Consensus: would prefer a consistent date eg weekend before long weekend in Aug. Events Fri/Sat ok, Would like to see more historical markers for important sites. Sample sod house re-creation (at museum?) would be interesting.
- Next meeting will be in Sep 2017 with time/location TBA