Home > Members > Projects > Minutes : 29 Sep 2016 > Forms
- Chamber Meeting held 12:30pm Thu 29 Sep 2016 at Susans Place Restaurant
- Prev Meeting: Thu 14 Apr 2016 (long story)
- Current Chamber Executive contact list can be viewed at magrathchamber.com/executive.html
- Attending President Jay Mackenzie (Roosters), Bruce Jackson (1st Choice), Ross/Julia Moore (Canadian Security Systems), Shannon Sabey (CFP) , Jennifer Sabey (Residential One), Troy Speelman (ATB Financial), Joleen _ (Sash), Secretary Roger Davies (SSDirect)
- No prior minutes available.
- Discussion: HT Christmas. It is Thu 1 Dec 2016 this year (1st week after US Thanksgiving - so next year will be Thu 30 Nov 2017). Would like it bigger and better each year. Proposed outside skating rink this year. Gingerbread contest fundraiser again as well. Assignments: Jen Sabey/Dana Bruce - ice rink; possible turkey shoot at museum, Bruce Jackson - permission from Dental Office for use of land; contact Jenex re outdoor lighting, Shannon Sabey - town sign, play by play option; confirm fire dept ok with location and doing firepit/hot chocolate again this year; ask L Loose if she can coordinate tables again this year, Roger Davies - confirm with town re mayor, santa, treat bags, etc; letter to mainstreet merchants, website update. Jay Mackenzie - confirm with Sam Yamamoto on band or chorus; hay rides, Duane Thomson - posters and printing, Chamber members should be able to advertise on posters for free. Joleen noted Sash will be open that night for samples/sale. Roger noted that the nativity displays are scheduled for Fri/Sat following the Hometown Christmas and organized by Sheila Robinson - she should be approached to see if table with sample display needed for our event.
- Discussion: Axia promotion - town picnic at fish pond. Jay providing some of food.
- Discussion: speed limit re large trucks and vehicles on main street (technically a highway, but still ..); speed sign for feedback - no signs (what IS the speed limit there?)
- Discussion: Roger noted Raymond Chamber called to coordinate their tradeshow dates with us - they will likely go in early Apr 2017 and Lethbridge Home and Garden event is in 22-25 Mar 2017. Lion Elizabeth Olsen offered to coordinate the CYB of Year voting. Other chamber calendaring re Gala, Tradeshow, etc for 2017 deferred to future meeting due to time constraints.
- Prior minutes
- Chamber Reports
- Chamber emails
- discuss upcoming events > 2016 Hometown Christmas, MLA visit, CYBs of the Year, 2017 AGM Gala, 2017 Trade Show