Temporary Foreign Worker
Regulation Reforms Information Meeting
Thu 3 Jul 2014 10-12 noon at Lethbridge Public Library Theatre Gallery in Lethbridge, AB
Information topics will include:
- Improving Clarity, Transparency and Accountability of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Ensuring Canadian Workers Come First: Restricting Access to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Using Wage Instead of National Occupation Codes
- New Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- Labour Market Impact Assessment increased fees
- Cap on low-wage Temporary Foreign Workers
- Reducing the duration of work permits set out in LMIA
- Reducing the length of time a temporary foreign worker can work in Canada
- Other components of the new regulations
Employers, who have specific questions or clarifications queries, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting date, as every effort will be made to have all responses available by July 3.
Please register in advance for the meeting by calling 403-320-0070.